- to Jake Hanna for being chosen as one of BC Athletics male midget athletes of the year
- to Meghan Palesch and Sebastian Adugalski for being one of four male or female youth athlete nominees of the year!
- All three athletes (coached by Mary Korpach) broke BC records during the 2012 season!
- to Maureen de St. Croix for being selected to represent TEAM BC at the National Cross Country Championships (which is jointly hosted by Ocean Athletics and Hershey Harriers) on November 24!
- to Ted de St. Croix for being awarded the Ian McNeil Award as BC Athletics Official of the Year.
Congratulations to our athletes who competed in the Canada Legion Midget / Youth Championships in PEI in August. Jake Hanna took Gold (300m), Silver(200mHurdles) and Bronze (200m) in his events, Seb grabbed a Silver (300m hurdles) and Ben Ingvaldson a Bronze (Hammer). Jake, Meghan and Seb also took home relay medals with Team BC. Meghan "brushed" a few hurdles in the 100mH heats but won her B final handedly to finish 4th overall timewise and placed 5th in the 300m Hurdles final.
Jake set a new Canadian Legion U16 record in the 300m hurdles and Seb also broke the existing Legion record enroute to his Silver medal.
Liam McKay 23rd in U18 800m also ran the 1500m while Sarah Korpach 27th in U18 400m also ran the 100m and 300m Hurdles. Jake's brother Max was sitting in 7th for Javelin until his very last throw in which he launched it 2 meters past the leader distance to win Gold. Full results...
Congratulations to our Summer Games Team Members. Seven Ocean Athletics athletes have been selected to compete for Zone 3 (Fraser Valley) in the upcoming BC Summer Games for Track and Field to be held at Bear Creek Park July 19 - 22.
Kiana Bekar Long Jump
Lexy Reimer 100, 200m
Stephanie Mernagh 100, 200m
Julia Greer 800m
Chelsea Ribeiro 1200, 2000, 1500 Steeplechase
Jake Hannah 200m, 300m. 100mH, 200mH
Matthew McLean 100m
& competing in the triathlon competition willl be Michael Milic. If there are any more Ocean athletes who have been selected to Summer Games teams, please let us know.
The BC High School champs (Senior Division) were in doubt a month ago, but the show must go on, and it did, and wow what a show. We had a few medal contenders going in and we have 5 medal holders coming out led by Gold medalists: